What’s My Role
The registration process will differ based on an individual’s role on the team. The three roles are Coach, Registrar, and Competitor. Here’s an overview of each role:
- Coach: This is an individual 21 years of age or more that will serve as the team’s chaperon during the tournament.
- Each team needs one.
- Previously known as ambassador.
- Can be a competitor on the team, the team coach, or any parent affiliated with the team.
- Needs to make sure that competitors are registered in a timely manner and signed up for the correct competitions.
- Can organize and make any changes to the competitions that team members are signed up for.
- Must be an individual of maturity, responsibility, and organization.
- Competitor: Any team member registered for a competition is considered a Competitor. The team Registrar can also be a Competitor.
This is where the actual registering begins. Coaches, Guests, and Competitors alike must all go through the following process! The Registrar is responsible for reading all of the following and conveying relevant information to their team members.
Registration Website: https://web.adderpit.com/MIST
Creating a Username
Step 1: Make sure your school Registrar emails your Regional Registration Chair to obtain a “School Code." Then, he/she must create a username (see steps 2-3) and send an email invitation to every student and Coach on his/her team with the school code.
Step 2: To register for a MIST tournament each individual on the team and the Coach must create a MIST username at https://web.adderpit.com/MIST. In order to create a username you must have a unique valid, working email address. Only one username can be created per email address.
Step 3: Once you have submitted your request for a username, an email will automatically be sent to you to confirm your request and give you a password.
You will be able to use the same username each year to sign up for tournaments.
How to Navigate Through Your MIST Account
Once you have signed into your MIST account you will notice a task chart on the bottom under the My Tasks heading. Again, this chart will differ depending on your role on the team (Competitor, Registrar, or Coach). As you complete each task, the red “x” under the completed? column of the chart will become a green “check”. To complete each task you can click on the task name.
There are various tabs at the top of each page. The “Home” tab will return you to the task chart. The “Team” tab will allow you to see all individuals registered for your team. The “Registration” tab will give Competitors a summary of the competitions which they are signed up for. If you need a reference for the competitions MIST offers, be sure to check this out for our rule book.
Below is a video overview of the account registration process.